Do you remember what you were doing this time last year? I certainly do! On 1st April I had left my clinic early for the day as I had a meeting with the school that evening. Luckily I did and luckily it was also on Monday, which is typically a quieter day, and my colleague had left work on time at 5.00pm. At precisely 5.10pm I received a call from the Centre Manager advising me that a car had just driven into my clinic. This is what I was fronted with when I arrived.
In my short time as a small business owner I have certainly been presented with challenges that I never imagined and I’m sure none of us ever imaged the current scenario we are experiencing with the advent of the COVID-19.
Whilst life may seem like a car crash for some of us at the moment, in taking the sage advice of my good friend Michelle Gibbings, it’s always important to look for the opportunities. This may be difficult for many at this time but as I mentioned in my blog last year, April Fools Day, out of every negative comes a positive. What is the positive that you can find in the current situation? For me they are:
1. The gift of time to do things I never do with my children – cooking, teaching them how to be self sufficient and helping them with their school work when they are no longer allowed to go to school;
2. The gift of time to do things that I want to do. Over the past year I’ve taken an avid interest in gardening – creating a place of tranquillity and watching it grow is a wonderful thing;
3. Learning the “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up”
4. I am Australian and I live in the lucky country. Whilst Australia has not been immune to this terrible virus, there are many countries worse off with the death rate significantly higher than ours; and
5. We have a strong government supporting us through these challenging times and determined to see us coming out strong on the other side of the curve. Remember you have your health and if you don’t, we have one of the best healthcare systems in the world, the quality of healthcare sees us in the top-ranked countries.
Every cloud has a silver lining and we WILL get through this. What are the positives for you?
Sending positive vibes and love, wishing you good health and happiness and look forward to seeing you all soon.